Staying well today…September 11, 2012
Be Blessed and Well from FoundMinds
Some simple tips that may help you cope with the 9/11 anniversary
- Be aware that you may have a strong emotional reaction around the time of the anniversary. Know that there is nothing wrong with you. It’s actually a common and expected response that will likely subside after the anniversary is over.
- Take care of yourself by eating well, exercising and getting plenty of rest. Do some gentle stretching or a simple walk. Healthy meals will keep you feeling better and avoiding alcohol will help you to manage strong feelings as well.
- Talk about your experience with friends or family who will understand and accept your feelings.
- Do something special to mark the date, such as attending a memorial. Most importantly, try not to be alone. Isolation can often just make bad feelings worse.
- For the full-length brochure, download it here: Tip Sheet for Managing the 9-11 Anniversaryhttp://www.9-11healingandremembrance.org/ovc/WellnessTips.aspx